Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Miracle

This weekend, I sang in the Nairobi Music Society Christmas concert.  I've been singing with the group since October.

As concert week dawned, I woke up on Monday with a sore throat.  My symptoms slowly worsened until I stayed home from work on Thursday with a full-blown cold.  By Friday afternoon, I was able to walk around without totally exhausting myself, so I headed out to dress rehearsal.  

To save my energy and my voice, I sat in the pews during the rehearsal, following along with my music but not singing.  As I listened, I thought "Oh my God, we have to perform this tomorrow!  We are not ready."

But when concert night rolled around, a Christmas miracle occurred.  We actually sounded good!  Really good!  As we finished our last notes, the audience enthusiastically clapped, clearing hoping for an encore.  Sadly, we did not have one prepared, but it was gratifying to receive such praise for our performance.





No comments:

Post a Comment